CrossFit NBK is officially the training ground for Walton LAX athletes. We are proud of this role and look forward to helping both up and coming athletes and the current team.
We are currently working with LAX athletes and families for the season, and will host a Walton LAX training sessions beginning in 2020. Details are below!
Coach Spotz’s Information regarding NBK Lifting –
It is incredibly important for athletes to continue to lift weights and workout even while they are ‘in-season.’ There is a lot of research out there that has confirmed this idea, so moving forward we will be adding this into our program in the spring. I realize many of our varsity athletes haven’t done this in the past and so we are not launching this plan as an expectation for them, but rather building into the future by starting with our JV first.
I do highly suggest our varsity players continue to lift weights (around our schedule of games) because it assists in muscle recovery and injury prevention when done correctly. At our next coaches/players meeting I am going to explain more on this subject with our boys to help set them up for a good plan in the spring. The NBK option will also be available for them.
The JV plan is that for all listed times on the spring calendar titled “NBK Lifting” our JV team will work out together as a team development and bonding event. We cannot mandate this, but I would like to direct all JV players to sign up and attend. I have coordinated with NBK Crossfit on exactly what impact we want this to have on our players, which is to focus on muscle recovery, hip functionality, balance improvement and flexibility, and leg strength throughout the season. We have selected the dates to work around game schedule in such a way that the boys should be fresh for their games and this will assist in injury prevention and athletic development over a long-term career at Walton.
I am unable to coordinate times always in the weight room in the spring as there are so many moving parts, and this becomes the easiest and most effective plan I can implement for our program. It is also incredibly cost effective.
Details of the plan:
· Players pay $67 when they register for NBK Crossfit (which is an unreal price for what we are getting), with 15 athletes registered
· That gives them 20 sessions as a team with multiple trainers that have worked to create a personalized program for our team and are focused on our team during those time slots
· The dates were selected to best fit with the JV team schedule of practices and games – those 20 dates are spread out over the entirety of the spring so it is not a huge addition to their schedule and the output potential will raise each of their ceilings
· The facilities at Crossfit NBK are unbelievable with what they are able to do in training up athletes and the knowledge of training and programming is as high quality as it gets
· VARSITY OPTION – varsity players will have the option to pay $50 and receive a punch card for 15 sessions that they can show up to at any time as long as it is during one of the 20 JV session time slots OR one of the regularly scheduled classes at NBK Crossfit during the entire spring from January through May.
Dates are planned as follows:
- Wednesdays (all from 3:30pm to 4:30pm) LAX Only:
- Saturdays (February 1st would be 12pm to 1pm, all others would be 10am to 11am) LAX Only
Additional Group Days as part of NBK Classes:
- 3/16 from 5pm to 6pm
4/13 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
4/20 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
4/22 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
4/28 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
4/30 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
Do you want to become a more efficient athlete? Do you want to become faster, quicker and have more body control? Is your desire to develop your speed, strength, and motor to make the team and then help your team win the game? The athlete training sessions are the perfect environment for the developing and developed player to train to become more explosive and faster. By learning the correct movements (things that often seem “natural” but need to be learned correctly), a player can improve their effectiveness dramatically.
Our athlete training sessions with NBK Coaches at CrossFit NBK are designed to build great athletes, not just great players. Preseason and the offseason are the perfect time to take your game to the next level by improving your explosiveness, efficiency, and conditioning. NBK will use a variety of training methodologies that include CrossFit, aerobic capacity, strongman, and gymnastics that develop body awareness exercises aimed at building strength and all around fitness, using climate controlled facility, weight training (depending on age), and much more.
CrossFit NBK’s 6,000 SQ FT Facility
23 Maple Street Roswell GA (11 mins from Walton High School)
Want specific gains, more speed…One on One Sessions Available
- One on one coaching limited and based on athlete evaluation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information
- LAX Parents and family benefit from our special programs too, please contact us for more details on how your whole family and grow healthy and fitter together!
TO LEARN MORE, SCHEDULE INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS, OR ADD YOURSELF TO THE SCHEDULE, EMAIL US USING THE form BELOW
More than Fitness
Local business owners, successful business executives, incredibly hard working parents, retired professionals, and students alike motivates and inspires each other at NBK and around the world. Good times and bad – we are together, and you are always welcome. More than Fitness – something real, in person, and lifelong.