Power Cleans & AAB
50 Power Cleans for time (155/105)
Scaling percentage 75% 1rm
If this is less than 75% it’s okay to scale up
We build and we build … power cleans going up today. Aim for powers as close to parallel as possible and REALLY squeeze those upper backs together and strong on the catch. We’ll build up and then go for a triple round today. Building on our strength endurance cycle.
The WOD is straight power. Adjust the weight based on your one rep max – either recent or work up today and then adjust accordingly. The idea is for this to be a straight on effort. It’ll begin easy and just accumulate. There is no where to go and you are the factor here. Keep your mind on point and focused on the movements. The better your technique the more you will be rewarded with each repetition.
FOCUS on your mindset. I know you are strong enough – and you do too. Keep that in your mind, if you find yourself beginning to feel fatigued go through your positions in review in your mind. Make each rep great and KEEP lifting.
START POSITION: POINTS OF PERFORMANCE
- Stance: ideal vs individual
- Pressure mid foot: vs ball of foot/toes or heels
- Bar touching shins: feedback and consistency
- Knees flared to arms ideally: will mobility allow, especially in snatch?
- Triceps on top ideally: shoulder internally rotated for more overall ability to keep bar close and position to pull under. Will mobility allow?
- Optimize shin and back angles: shoulders directly over or slightly in front of bar with body weight pressure mid foot; this is the “look” and feel of your set up.
– consider high hips vs low hips
- Head up and eyes forward: This means relaxed head, not down and not end range of neck up and back, and eyes focused on a point straight ahead.
– this is for best chance at proper muscle recruitment and position and movement consistency
– consider that the body follows the head/eyes
Please donate to help us build a hospital in Rwanda – here is the link
September 8th we have our competition – the Rwanda Open, see workouts and details on our Facebook page.
Videos and media being posted beginning today, but we are helping a charity building a hospital in Rwanda. We are opening in December and will serve an area of hard working folks where the closest hospital is 20+ miles away. More to follow – fundraiser, charity competition, fun challenges, and more!
Highlight videos and training videos – we have been sharing them, if you have any fun ones you capture – please tag @CrossFitNBK and or send to Jimmy. We’ll crosspost it with you.